Saturday, March 31, 2007

It' Starting Again, More DramaQueen Stuff.

Well, it's been a while but here I am back on the blog site. Not much going on to blog about but just to let you know that things haven't really changed around here I thought I'd pop out another blog.

A couple of weeks ago my son discovered that the light in my guest bathroom wouldn't turn on. He hit the GFI button and even tho the night lite still lit, the light above the mirror didn't and neither did the fan. Same thing in my master bath. He checked the garage for a GFI switch and couldn't locate one. Soooo had to call an electrician. He came in the door, went into the guest bath, hit the switch - nothing. He went out to the garage, looked at the fuse box, put his hand behind the storage cabinet next to the fuse box and VOILA! the GFI switch. He pushed the button and the lights went on. How much do I owe you (for the 3 minutes you were here and the button you pushed.) He said $70.00. Seventy bucks for 3 minutes. I guess it's like the doctors say, "It's not the amount of time the surgery took, it's knowing where to put the knife."
Geeeez.

A few days later my landscaper came out to do the spring cleanup, and pull all of the gorgeous shrubs I lost during the cold snap we had this winter. He checks my drip system and when he opened the lid to my water pipe thingy, he saw that it was flooded with water. There's a leak somewhere. So he shut the water off, and let the thing drain. He found the leak and had to rebuild a whatchamacallit with a thingymabob and that's going to cost you $40.00. Okay, he worked on it for 45 minutes plus parts, fair enough, but just another thing going wrong.

My friend called me yesterday and I was in the den on my computer. The phone in my den (I have 2 handsets) rings with a static sound as though it was hoarse and when you pick up the phone the static is so bad you can't hear anything else. The other handset works fine. I have no idea how you can repair one of these phones since I've never had a phone repaired since 1970 when the phone company did all that. So I have to deal with this now.

I got a renewal statement from my Auto Insurance companies, Home Owner's Insurance Company and some other renewal stuff but nothing from the company that insures my RV. So I looked up the file and found a cancellation notice dated "as of 12-12-05. They had mistakenly insured a "mobile home" which my fifth wheel is not. It's a travel trailer so they had to cancel that policy and issue me another one. I panicked when I didn't see a new policy anywhere in the file. I called the company and fortunately they record all telephone conversations. It seems that I talked to them in late November of 2005 and they would issue me a new policy as soon as I sent them a VIN number for the RV. Well, that was a blurred time in my life as you all know and somehow I forgot call them with the number so no policy was ever issued. I shudder when I think that I went all last year with no insurance on my RV. It is now insured and ready to roll. Hey I'm not used to having to do this. George did all that stuff. And when he died in Nov. of 2005 I wasn't thinking about trailer insurance.


Last night my grandson and I did some cooking and I wanted to heat something in the microzap. Timed it for 1 minute and heard the most god-awful sound ever. Grinding, groaning, whining and the smell of something like wires burning. Now I have something else to repair or replace. (Maybe I can call that same electrician and have him fix it for $5000.) I'm afraid to use this computer or anything else in the house today. And what about my car? So far this morning nothing has happened. Ahhhh the life of a drama queen.

The weather in this part of the country has been nothing short of fabulous. I am back in the pool with water aerobics and have talked a few of my friends into joining me. Feels good and they love it too. Hopefully I won't drown.
Wish me luck.

1 comment:

Roxanne said...

I am having a MAJOR dramaqueen moment---difficulty with posting here but will try again---I am persistent, if nothing else!!!

Gloria, your recent experiences are truly "DRAMAQUEEN"!!! You always seem to attract the most difficult moments---tough without that other half taking care of those "things" that we take for granted----Another lesson and life skill to accommodate to....but, you're doing GREAT!!! Keep at it....

I am presently having those dramaqueen moments--but I certainly cannot upstage you!! I am dealing with the bi-yearly or yearly projects----yep--big time $$$ But, look at it this way---can't take it with us---spend their inheritance on our creature comforts---LOL

All's well that ends well.

Happy to see you blogging again---always gives me a chuckle and, oh my, how I can relate!!! You have a mate here--don't despair!!

LOL,