Saturday, January 13, 2007

Everybody Talks About the Weather etc........

Well this is nuts!!! I'm freezing my gazoobies off here. The temps went to 22 last night. They set a record since 1990 or something. The highs today will be 36. I remember when George and I made one of our monthly trips to Vegas from San Diego and the temp here was 19. The waterfall on the volcano at the Mirage was frozen and so was the pooling water around it. I never thought I'd see that happen again. Some kind of low front or high front or cold front or whatever from the north did this to us. We were supposed to get snow but all we got was about 25 snowflakes then it was over. Who needs this stuff? When I lived in Michigan, which was most of my life, it never bothered me because I was prepared fot it. When we lived in Traverse City in northern lower Michigan, we saw snow every day and we got sick of it so we moved to San Diego. I DON'T WANT TO SEE ANY MORE SNOW OR COLD WEATHER. While I was typing this I got a call from my friend in Florida. She says it's 80 degrees and uncomfortably warm. Uh huh. Wanna trade?

I thought I was done buying jewelry from QVC and I did manage to stay away from that channel completely since September, but I got back on again and ordered some more stuff. Kohl's had a great sale the other day and while I was returning a shirt I stopped at the jewelry counter. Bought 4 more watches, (couldn't resist the "buy one get one free deal) so now I have 22 watches. They match all my clothes. Gotta match your clothes doncha know. I decided that I would change the time from daylight saving to pacific standard one watch at a time instead of doing it all at once. I also have 10 clocks in my house to change. Is this nuts or what???





2 comments:

Traverse Bay 7 said...

Gloria, you're having temps just like in MI...it's 31 here and the roads were covered in ice this AM. I just keep reminding myself we are almost half way through January and that much closer to spring. We've been very warm (for MI) so far this month, most days in the 40's. You know those of us in MI are out washing cars, wearing shorts, throwing off the jackets and basking in the sun(if there is any) with 40's & 50's in January. PS - Jon signed me up to blog, since he thinks we (his parents) are computer illiterate. You know these kids live to blog, join forums and IM. What about living to get homework done though????

Gloria VDQ said...

Jill, homework is for people who can't blog. LOL. Go Jon.