Monday, January 15, 2007

This Water isn't Falling


I got an e-mail from a friend in North Carolina saying, "oh c'mon now, I can't believe it's THAT cold in Vegas". Well here is a picture I took a couple of minutes ago of the waterfall behind my house. I hope you can see the icicles and frozen "spray" throughout the rock. I'm too short to get a picture of the frozen pool of water at the bottom of the waterfall but take my word for it, it's there. You could ice skate on it. I wonder what will happen to my desert plants?
And now I have a cold, thank you very much. I haven't had a cold in 30 years, I have one now. I can't bowl today with my league (and we've been in first place all season) and I can't do the treadmill or water aerobics. All I can do is sit in my comfy recliner with my thermal blanket pulled up around me, drink stuff and watch TV and read. Hmmm is that bad? I made a huge pot of chicken broth last Friday. Add some noodles, some chicken pieces and you've got the makings of some great comfort food. Maybe I'll take advantage of this. I'm just starting a good novel by one of my favorite writers, Joseph Wambaugh. He's a retired San Diego cop who has written several best sellers and this one is supposed to be his best. It just came out a few weeks ago and is already a best seller. It's called "Hollywood Station." I'm going to enjoy the next couple of days.

No comments: