Tuesday, January 30, 2007

A WEEK in the Life of This Drama Queen

I haven't posted in a week and everyone is asking why. I have been too busy that's why. Wednesday, I played cards with my friends as we do every Wednesday. I was busy all day doing something but I have already forgotten what since my memory doesn't take me back that far.

Thursday, I did some grocery shopping, then to my son's for visit, then out to dinner at the Venetian Hotel and the play "Phantom of the Opera." Fantasic production. The scenery, visual effects, story and music were awesome. I was told that this production was better than the one in New York and Toronto by several people who commented after the show. This is the best thing our Solos group has been to in a long time.

Friday, I stayed home most of the day and vegged out. Finished reading Joseph Wambaugh's "Hollywood Station," his new bestseller. Great reading by a very interesting former cop turned writer. Did a 1/2 hour on the treadmill.
Saturday, cards in the morning with the Sun City group, then 5 of us go out to lunch after cards every Saturday. Went to Mimi's one of our favorite restaurants here in town. Had a visit from a friend of mine when I got home so I chatted with her for the better part of the afternoon.
Sunday, church then off to Kohl's to see what new stuff was on sale. Returned a watch and got a nicer one in exchange but didn't buy anything. Did a 1/2 hour on the treadmill.

Monday, did some stuff around the house, had breakfast, then bowling with our Sun City league. Bowled 3 pretty decent games. My daughter came to watch since she's on vacation this week, and I stayed and bowled a game with her. She bowled a 158 after not having bowled in years. Put me to shame. Went back to her house, picked up the kids and went out to dinner. Didn't do the treadmill. Bowling was enough.

Today I plan on making veggie soup, getting into another 100 pages of John Grishom's "An Innocent Man" (very interesting true story), getting my hair cut later today and that's it.
I did a few things in between the social stuff and reading, but not enough to be interesting. And I'm sure I forgot most of what I did.

The weather is going to warm up this weekend so I'll be back in the pool with water aerobics. I really miss it when I can't do it.
Making plane reservations to go back to Michigan in May. Was planning on leaving around the 20's but my grandson tells me his band concert is on the 23rd. Don't want to miss that one.

Ever have this happen to you? For the past couple of weeks my dishwasher has been gushing water out of the little air thingy that sits next to the faucet. I have no idea why, but when the dishwasher empties water just goes all over my counter almost to the edge. Takes me 10 minutes to mop it up. Well, I called the plumber last night and he's coming out this afternoon. He thinks it's the hose. My dishwasher is running right now and I've been checking on it everytime it empties. NOT A DROP OF WATER ANYWHERE. What's with that?
Ahhhh, another DramaQueen day.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Well, I keep checking and no new info on your blog. Now I know you are busy everyday, so something must come to mind. How about that great airline ticket!!!!!!!!!